I am currently at home in NorCal eating a homemade pumpkin custard pie made from scratch. When I say scratch I mean scratch. The pumkin was picked from my parent's garden this morning and made, by my sister, into two pies and some yummy curry which we had for dinner.
Today is also 09-09-09. This date does not happen very often :) Exactly ten years ago on 9-9-99 I was officially hired by Walt Disney World. I can't believe it was that long ago.
My Mom took me around the area were the destructive fire occured last Sunday. It was unreal to see the ashen shells where my friends homes were. The community has really gotten together in helping those that lost everything in the fire. We went to a store today and they had a drop off for food and clothing as well as Salvation Army setting up buckets. The cashier said they have emptied out the buckets several times a day!
I am proud to be an Auburnite!
Blessings
14 years ago

Yummy!! Way to garden :) 9-9-09 is also my Lance's first birthday! Cool day :) It's crazy to hear our hometown on the national news, isn't it?? Bet it was surreal to see it in person. Glad they got it stopped as quick as they did.. wow.
ReplyDelete